Wrecked Supercars And Exotics!!!!

images

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet as it's been all over social media. F40 in Monte Carlo just yesterday.

Ferrari-F40.jpg

2005 Gemballa Mirage GT totaled in Manhattan this morning, due to the extreme drunkenness of the driver.

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F04%2Fgemballa-crashed.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

Here's video footage of the crash.

I've been hearing a lot more muscle cars in my area since the main road is a lot emptier now. Someone's gonna get hurt like this

2005 Gemballa Mirage GT totaled in Manhattan this morning, due to the extreme drunkenness of the driver.

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F04%2Fgemballa-crashed.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

Here's video footage of the crash.

Citation needed for the drunkeness part, I haven't read that anywhere. Man CGT's appear to have zero margin for error, knife-edge handling.

The tub looks trashed...but I'm not sure he'll get a payout for a crash that was clearly the result of reckless driving.

Citation needed for the drunkeness part, I haven't read that anywhere. Man CGT's appear to have zero margin for error, knife-edge handling.

The tub looks trashed...but I'm not sure he'll get a payout for a crash that was clearly the result of reckless driving.
He was under the influence of drugs according to the article linked below.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/32933...h-dui-after-gemballa-mirage-gt-rampage-in-nyc

I've been hearing a lot more muscle cars in my area since the main road is a lot emptier now. Someone's gonna get hurt like this
I have in my area as well, but I haven't been able to tell if it's a result of there being less ambient noise so it's more obvious now or if there are actually more hoons. There's definitely less motorcycles (I live a stones throw from the foothills).

It was Ben Chen (BC). Tried to claim the car was stolen, video came out, friends claim his dad passed, then another friend says mom/brother passed from the coronavirus. Story changes despite no excuse matters. This dude has a history of wrecking his cars, and a DUI at 7:30 in the morning following an obvious hit-and-run should have this dude banned from driving for a few years. He's always been a full-of-himself individual whose pocket book gets him out of trouble.

Just happened yesterday. Lamborghini Huracan with Vorsteiner kit rear-ended a pedestrian car (Perodua Viva). Both drivers escape uninjured.

post-99395-1586250356.jpg
post-99395-1586250335.jpg

Number 1: that poor Huracan must've looked awful before the crash.

Number 2: that Perodua folded really easily.

Number 1: Yep, it looked awful. The wrap that was previously on the car looked a tiny bit better, still gold, but still awful.

Number 2: It's a crap car, doesn't even deserve to be on the road. We call it "tin Milo" due to how hollow feeling the car is. I don't even know if it scored any star for a crash test :lol:

Brand new Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder 20 minutes after being picked up from the dealership.

Hmmm doesn't look to bad....
NINTCHDBPICT000591438808.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000591438722.jpg

tenor.gif

It only got smashed because it broke down in the outside lane and got rear ended. If my new Lamborghini broke down 20 minutes after purchase I'd be having words.

It only got smashed because it broke down in the outside lane and got rear ended. If my new Lamborghini broke down 20 minutes after purchase I'd be having words.

Must be a fairly major mechanical malfunction too, to leave you stranded in the outside lane. Unless the driver was a moron and just left it there instead of coasting to the hard shoulder. Having said that, i know this stretch of M1 really well and it has no hard shoulder at this point aside from one small section just before the accident spot. Still, you'd pull to the inside lane all the same. Or maybe you wouldn't because trucks. Oh i don't know.

Must be a fairly major mechanical malfunction too, to leave you stranded in the outside lane. Unless the driver was a moron and just left it there instead of coasting to the hard shoulder. Having said that, i know this stretch of M1 really well and it has no hard shoulder at this point aside from one small section just before the accident spot. Still, you'd pull to the inside lane all the same. Or maybe you wouldn't because trucks. Oh i don't know.

Yeah I'm not sure why the driver wouldn't have at least attempted to pull it to the inside lane even without a hard shoulder unless it was something terminal or there was loads of traffic.

It has been really hot the past few days and maybe that was something to do with it although modern supercars should really have solved the whole overheating and/or bursting into flames thing by now!

Yeah, that's going to be a brand new car with that vin number punched into it. That frame is done for.

Yeah, that's going to be a brand new car with that vin number punched into it. That frame is done for.

From what I’ve read the F40 frame is a modified 308/328/288 one. I would guess that most F40 chassis-up rebuilds use a 308/328 as a starting point - at least for the sections damaged beyond repair. Apparently the tubing used is a bitch to get hold of now.

Beggars belief that these owners don't carry a fire extinguisher with them, could have been 20% the damage otherwise.

I don't know how badly the fire would have affected the frame but Gas Monkey Garage had a pretty messed up frame on their F40 and managed to fix it (then proceeded to spit all over history but anyway :lol:).

I think many cars just get engulfed so quickly & owners get lost in the moment. Many guys have a cut-off switch & suppression system (particularly becoming common on Miuras) for this kind of thing, but the purists aren't fond of it. Esp. if they're looking at having the cars in shows where that kind of stuff is held against originality.

GMG's took some noted shortcuts that won't bode well for the car down the road, though. Most memorable to me is them modifying the firewall at one point.

Back