Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microwave waveguide cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegeta4461

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it dangerous that my waveguide cover of my microwave is dirty. does it affect the radiation of the microwave and dagnerous?
by the way I cleaned it a little with kitchen Cleaning Paper
is it dirty or is it burnt,and if it is burnt can I use it >?

microwave waveguide cover.jpeg

You can clean it with household chemicals; it is either a thick paper or plastic. A small amount of deposit will not affect the transmission of microwave energy to the main chamber.

If you wish to replace it, select a thick plastic (polypropylene or polyethylene) and cut into the shape and insert it.

You can clean it with household chemicals; it is either a thick paper or plastic. A small amount of deposit will not affect the transmission of microwave energy to the main chamber.

If you wish to replace it, select a thick plastic (polypropylene or polyethylene) and cut into the shape and insert it.
if I reamin it like that can it cause more radiation and cause cancer or other Dangerous diseases

Usually it is mica, not plastic.

if I reamin it like that can it cause more radiation and cause cancer or other Dangerous diseases
It just blocks vapors and flavors reaching the electronics, lest they get disturbed!

It cannot cause more radiation because it is microwave transparent. If it is conducting, it will reflect microwave. If it is absorbent, it will absorb the microwave and get heated. And you will NOT get cancer.
--- Updated ---

Usually it is mica, not plastic.
I just checked mine and you are right. It is mica lightly coated with Al paint. Mica is a kind of clay (mineral) and it is often used for special purpose windows. I am not so sure now about the choice of mica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back